Save money with LED Lighting | Beyond Procurement
LED Lighting saves you more money than you think...
It's all in the maths!

The humble light bulb has come a long way since Tesla or Edison (we’ll leave the debate there!) introduced them to the world, but you may not be aware just how much of an impact they can make to your bottom line.

Book a free 15 minute consultation

graphic element

Did you know?

  • A standard light bulb only has the capability to use 5% of its energy for light, whereas a LED light bulb uses 95% of its total energy for light, where the remaining 5% is released as heat.
  • LED lights emit nearly 80% less greenhouse gases than that of a conventional incandescent or fluorescent light bulb that produces the same luminosity.
  • LED light bulbs have fifty times longer life span than a standard bulb, meaning 25,000 to 50,000 hours of brightness in both indoor and outdoor settings.
  • LED light bulbs produce almost no noise pollution compared to the typical humming or buzzing you hear from a fluorescent bulb filament.
  • Since the LED bulbs are made of aluminium and plastic instead of glass, mercury and metal, they are completely recyclable and much less harmful to the environment.

Cost / benefit of LED light bulbs

When you know that a standard 60w incandescent light bulb costs approx £5.94 per year to operate and that a smart LED costs just £1.10, it really is a matter of maths to work out the cost / benefit of replacing the hundreds or maybe thousands of light fittings you have in your property. That’s a saving of approx £4.84 per item per year.

Standard Incandescent GE Energy – Efficient Soft White GE Energy – Efficient Crystal Clear GE Energy – Smart CFL GE Energy – Smart* LED
Watts  60 43 43 13 13
Lumens  840 750 750 825 800
Typical Life Span 1,200 hrs  1,200 hrs  1,200 hrs  9,000 hrs  25,000 hrs 
Estimated Annual Energy Cost  £5.94/year  £4.26/year  £4.10/year  £1.27/year  £1.10/year

There are many different types of bulbs and fittings available of course and these figures are used just to give you an outline of the potential differences, but we can be more concise after a site survey where we can also discuss your various options:

  • LED Lighting Upgrades
  • Connection to Power Supply
  • Adaptation of Existing Lighting Systems
  • Wiring Concealment
  • Testing and Troubleshooting
  • Installation advice

For a free, no obligation site survey and detailed report outlining the business case making the investment, please get in touch.

Contact Us

Get in touch for more information on how we can help. If you prefer, you can book a free 15 minute consultation with us.

Full Name(Required)
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Insights & Guides

Articles, news and events to further guide you on your business journey.

Get started on your net zero journey today

From start-ups to large publicly traded companies, we work with managers and directors to help them achieve their carbon reduction goals with services to match your business journey.

beyond procurement kite